Tuesday, January 25, 2011

They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Ha!

Hey, folks, it's late, and things are busy and all that, so we're relying on you folks for Band Name(s) Of The Day(s).

Here's a great one from our friend who works in a nursery. I'll let her tell it in her own words...

Alright here's the backstory.  I'll leave it to you to make it sound better, if you like.

Near the end of a long day at work, the other two folks in my department and I were out planning the design of our outside display area.  We were talking about how to display our coco baskets (metal baskets lined with coconut fiber).  I threw out the idea of mounting them on the wall and using artificial plants to make them pretty, and Scott said something about getting defective/broken toys from his mom's store (she has a toy store), which I didn't really get at first, until he said monkey.

So we started talking about building a faux coconut palm tree with a few coconuts hanging from it, and maybe even a few monkeys.  Explaining this to the owner "I'm going to see if my mom might have some defective monkeys, or something."

I really wanted to say "Band name of the day!", but realized my co-workers wouldn't understand.

There you go.  The Defective Monkeys.


The Defective Monkeys, a pop-punk band, probably out of Orange County. Or they could be a swing band from New York, or the house band of an insane asylum. Anything, really, and therein lies the awesome.

And now, to bed.


2 comments:

  1. They've even got a t-shirt: http://pleasedress.me/Defective_Monkeys/5266

    It seems to be for a slightly different joke, though.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete